INPEX - Ichthys LNG Project
A commercial eye on costs for the INPEX-operated Ichthys LNG Project
The £21.2bn Ichthys LNG project includes some of the industry’s biggest offshore facilities, massive onshore processing facilities near Darwin, Australia and an 889km pipeline to unite them. When operational, the project is expected to produce 8.4 million tonnes of LNG and 1.6 million tonnes of LPG per annum, along with approximately 100,000 barrels of condensate per day at peak. First production is scheduled for the end of 2016.
Location: Darwin, Australia
Date started: 2013
Completion date: 2016
Client type: Oil and gas
Key services: Cost and commercial management, controls and performance
Operators developing new LNG production facilities are facing the dual challenges of escalating costs and the pressure this has on their supply chain. Getting the costs right pre-sanction and then keeping to budget and schedule in delivery are more vital than ever.
Following our involvement during the pre-sanction phase, we were again selected by oil and gas company INPEX to provide quantity and progress verification for the fabrication and installation works of some of the most advanced LNG processing facilities in the world.
- £21.2bn cost of project
- 8.4 million tonnes of LNG will be produced annually
- 2006 our first involvement in the project
Making the difference
- We bring best practice and knowledge from more than 30 comparable major LNG projects that we have supported around the world
- Continuity of service, from pre-feasibility right through to delivery, means we can help our client to proactively manage the potentially conflicting requirements of cost, schedule and risk
- Our footprint provides strong commercial awareness and visibility of supply chain performance in the markets where fabrication is taking place, including China, Thailand and the Philippines