Eskom - Kimberley strengthening scheme
Boosting capacity across the electricity value chain
To support the Eskom in the construction of 420km of new 400kV transmission lines in the Kimberley area as well as the deviation of 275kV transmission lines, we provided cost management assistance throughout the lifecycle of these projects.
Completion date: Ongoing
We have developed a close working relationship with the client team, facilitating the transfer of knowledge and skill and adding to the success of the project.
Turner & Townsend provided cost management services to Eskom, including:
- Assistance in the adjudication of tenders
- Estimation of the project costs
- Compilation of monthly cash flow forecasts
- Valuation of work and preparation of monthly payment certificates
- Valuation of variations and site instructions
- Preparation of final accounts for the works
Making the difference
Apart from the services provided above, Turner & Townsend is also transferring skills to Eskom, with the teams working closely together. The 275kV Deviation at the sub-station has been successfully completed, meeting both the programme and budget requirements.
- 95% electricity used in South Africa is generated by Eskom
- 45% electricity used in Africa is generated by Eskom