The Address Hotel & Residence JBR Development, Dubai
Redefining the Dubai Marina
The Address Hotel & Residence JBR Development is situated at the prime location of the Jumeirah Beach Residences within Dubai Marina with a direct access to Sheikh Zayed Road. It features an imposing architecture overlooking the Ain Dubai (Dubai Eye).
Date started: 2016
Completion date: Ongoing
As a high-rise upscale development, the complex aims to redefine the traditional concepts of a beachfront hotel and offer a unique guest experience.
It consists of a mixed use 77 storey twin tower development which includes a five star Emaar Address branded hotel, serviced branded apartments and residential apartments with an effective built up area (BUA) of approximately 255,000m2.
The towers will be the first Address Hotel being classified as a resort development. The developments facilities consist of extensive landscaped and pool areas, all day dining, luxury gym and spa, podium level terraced bar, various leased restaurants, a roof top infinity pool and a bar area.
Turner & Townsend has been appointed to provide pre and post contract cost and commercial management services.
The design was inherited by the developer and therefore as part of the validation exercise on behalf of the development manager (Mirage), we spent a significant amount of effort developing an initial concept design estimate in order to interrogate the budget and set forth target costs to be adhered to throughout the design process.
We worked closely with the project team as the design developed to; provide cost advice for multiple design solutions, provide regular value engineering suggestions and appraisals, input into procurement strategy, compile tender documents and manage the tender process through to recommendation.
As a part of its offering, we are adding value by providing BIM consultancy support, making quantum extractions and providing a continued peer review on model.
Making the difference
Our key contributions are to:
- Provide specialist advice/understanding of the estimated outturn cost of the project as the design develops.
- Advise on procurement strategies and assist in the prequalification of suitable contractors specific to this scale and type of development.
- Review the design and provide value engineering proposals at each design stage to ensure best value is maintained throughout.
- Provide Mirage with broader market context and benchmarking against our other projects in the field of hospitality and high rise construction.
- Assist Mirage in the production of bespoke contract documentation and the negotiation of final terms and conditions with the preferred contractors.
- Provide input into mitigation strategies to overcome delays in design to ensure key commercial dates are met.