The Address Beach Resort Hotel, Dubai
Redefining the Dubai Marina
The Address Beach Resort Hotel is situated at the prime location of the Jumeirah Beach Residences within Dubai Marina, with a direct access to Sheikh Zayed Road. It features an imposing architecture overlooking the Ain Dubai (Dubai Eye).
Date started: 2016
Completion date: 2020
Client type: Hotels and hospitality
Key services: Cost and commercial management
As a high-rise upscale development, the complex aims to redefine the traditional concepts of a beachfront hotel and offer a unique guest experience.
It consists of a mixed use 77 storey twin tower development which includes a five star Emaar Address branded hotel, serviced branded apartments and residential apartments with an effective built up area (BUA) of approximately 255,000m2.
The towers will be the first Address Hotel being classified as a resort development. The developments facilities consist of extensive landscaped and pool areas, all day dining, luxury gym and spa, podium level terraced bar, various leased restaurants, a roof top infinity pool and a bar area.
We were appointed to provide pre and post contract cost and commercial management services.
The design was inherited by the developer and therefore as part of the validation exercise on behalf of the development manager (Mirage), we spent a significant amount of effort developing an initial concept design estimate in order to interrogate the budget and set forth target costs to be adhered to throughout the design process.
We worked closely with the project team as the design developed to; provide cost advice for multiple design solutions, provide regular value engineering suggestions and appraisals, input into procurement strategy, compile tender documents and manage the tender process through to recommendation.
As a part of its offering, we are adding value by providing BIM consultancy support, making quantum extractions and providing a continued peer review on model.
Making the difference
- The team were able to lean on our wider extensive hospitality and residential experience, to perform vital benchmarking exercises that as a result, helped reduce the estimated cost and provide the most optimal solution for the design deliverables.
- We provided cost advice for multiple design solutions. Our innovative value-adding propositions such as BIM executive planning, quantum extractions and peer reviews, ensured the development was kept within budget without compromising on the desired finish.
- Our in-house cost management knowledge and expertise coupled with our tall buildings capability, played a pivotal role in the management of the development’s procurement strategy.
- Coupled with ongoing value engineering propositions, robust control measures were implemented to ensure costs were carefully managed and value was driven which ultimately resulted in a reduction in the final forecasted project cost.
- We were able to adapt our own best-practice templates, to suit the specific requirements of the client and project, while still maintaining robust standards.
- Our developed and applied mitigation strategies helped overcome design delays and ensured key commercial milestones were met.
The project officially opened to the public in December 2020 and has since won the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat – CTBUH 2021 Award of Excellence for Best Tall Building 300-399m, alongside a Guinness World Record for the highest infinity pool in the world.