Shiv Nadar University
Foundation for success for the Shiv Nadar University
Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman of Indian technology giant HCL, created the Shiv Nadar Foundation to transform the lives of young people in India. It is building the Shiv Nadar University, on a 286 acre campus in Dadri, Uttar Pradesh.
Completion date: Ongoing
Key services: Project management, cost management
About the programme
The not-for-profit foundation aims to give students from all walks of life the chance to receive a world-class education, which it sees as the most powerful tool for individual and social change. The university is designed to develop students with the vision, knowledge, skills and attitudes to succeed in the careers of the 21st century.
- 576,000m2 total planned size of the university’s buildings, across all phases
- 2017 completion date for phase two of over 110,000m2
- 8,000 planned student capacity of the completed university
Making the difference
We have been appointed as project, cost and construction managers for the second phase of the project, to deliver ten faculty accommodation towers, a business school and an administrative block totalling more than 110,000 square metres of built-up area.
- Delivering value for money: we successfully procured the two faculty housing and business school developments at over 25 percent less than the initial bid price through a series of negotiations for a single contractor to design and build.
- Optimising current and future spend: by separately procuring key elements of the site infrastructure, such as water and sewage treatment plants, and external development works, we ensured there was spend capacity for both the current building work and future phases.
- Meeting a challenging timetable: we are engaging with all the project’s stakeholders to complete the development to a tight timeline, and organising design workshops to streamline the process of communicating the design intent to the contractor.