SABIC UK Petrochemicals Limited
Delivering improvements in value for money
We were appointed in July 2010 to provide cost engineering services to SABIC UK Petrochemicals Limited (SUKPL) for its Teesside petrochemicals plant.
Location: Teesside, UK
Date started: 2010
Completion date: Ongoing
Key services: Project, programme and cost and commercial management services
Out multi-discipline team of 24 is fully integrated with the SABIC team, operating at all levels of the organisation from delivery to site leadership. Our services cover three main functional areas:
Assets - working with the area maintenance engineers to develop and control budgets.
Maintenance service group - an alliance partner, providing independent cost and commercial management services to both client and contractor.
Projects - project, programme and cost and commercial management.
- Alliance partner
- Cost management of OPEX and CAPEX soend
- Budget development and forecasting
- Contract administration and valuations
- Cost reporting to site leadership team
- Independent cost manager role for the alliance contract
- Auditing of open-book contractors
- Productivity surveys
- Contract advice training
- SAP transactions and project set-up
- Procurement support
- Portfolio and programme level planning
- QC/QSRA and risk management support
- Developing and administrating KPI schemes at all levels
- Supported SABIC management during flood crisis.
Making the difference
A key part of our role is to deliver improvements in managing spend and value for money. Our initiatives have delivered real benefits to SABIC, including:
- Revised alliance recovery model - providing focus to maintenance overhead to reduce overall costs.
- Site-wide fixed cost reporting - providing a full picture of actual and forecast costs, facilitating earlier decision making, ensuring control to budget.
- Contract administration - rigorous governance of maintenance and project contracts on site delivers saving in excess of 50 percent of our core fee each year.
- Implementation of a portfolio planning approach for the capital projects programme enabled SABIC to double the value of projects delivered within 12 months.