Creating an indispensable dashboard tool
Paulus² Immobilien’s existing 16,000m², seven storey building complex in Neuperlach near Munich will undergo a major reconstruction, including the addition of extra floors.
The plan is to extend the use of the building from solely a commercial use to a mix of commercial and rental space. For this, a relocation strategy and a tenant management were required.
- Date started:
- Completion date:
- Client type:
- Corporate and office
- Main services:
Turner & Townsend was appointed to deliver area- and tenant management services, including:
- development of a BIM (building information model) structure for the definition of the existing space and the requirements match up of the newly required space
- analysis of tenant requirements (approx. 20 commercial tenants)
- preparation of tenant profiles
- linkage of the tenants profiles with the gathered data of the basic structure of the BIM model
- visualisation as an interactive dashboard for the presentation of the occupancy scenarios during the different construction phases
- discussion of options with the tenants with the use of the dashboard.
Making the difference
We created a user-specific dashboard to illustrate the different construction phases and their time classification. Through this, the construction phases and the usage of the rental units can be illustrated and optimised during all phases.
Furthermore, a data structure with all current tenants and the available space was created, through which an automatic comparison of the building capacities and the requirements of the tenants can be undertaken. Consequently, a suitable area for every tenant in every construction phase can be allocated and presented to the tenant.
Through the structural design of the dashboard tool, it is possible to use, modify and illustrate future space movements, tenant changes, reconstruction measures and tenant data.