Microsoft office restack and fit-out, Moscow
Accommodating for future headcount growth
Microsoft's office fit-out and restack in Moscow is part of the tech giant’s European strategy to create state-of-the-art workplaces for its employees.
Date started: 2016
Completion date: 2017
The project involved the restacking of the existing Microsoft office area (6,512 USM) to embed the new Workplace Advantage Programme (WPA) standards. Microsoft implemented a work desk sharing ratio of 1.8:1 to accommodate the projected headcount. As the company grows there’s plans to gradually increase the ratio to 2.2:1.
We provided full scope of project and cost management services with a key focus on:
- Organising due diligence studies to identify the re-use of existing materials and equipment in the new design
- Development and delivery of overall procurement strategy
- Management of the design team in developing the concept and detailed design to maintain key client requirements and budget
- Appointment of the general contractor on behalf of Microsoft and engagement with Microsoft’s direct consultants
- Thorough planning of the construction programme to achieve the planned opening dates and uninterrupted business operations (planning of staff migration, preparation of space for construction)
- Risk and value engineering
- Continuous cost control.
Making the difference
We successfully managed the project and its constraints which included very tight budgets and programme objectives as well as undertaking the construction works in a live office environment. The project won the ‘ProjectNEXT’ award in the category ‘renovation’ at the Best Office Awards 2017.
“We have found the Turner & Townsend team to be extremely dedicated and very professional in their approach. They helped us achieve our very aggressive programme targets and through innovative and cost focused solutions delivered our project well below the budget set and to the quality standard we desired. We are very pleased with the outcomes Turner & Townsend helped us achieve.” Alexey Kandidov Sr. Portfolio Manager, Russia