Delivering Europa Centralna Shopping Centre
The Europa Centralna Shopping Centre is a high quality retail scheme located in the south of Gliwice, Poland. The first phase of the investment includes a retail park and shopping centre comprising over 100 units.
- Date started:
- Completion date:
- Client type:
- Main services:
- Project manager, cost control, tenant coordination, site supervision inspectors, technical due diligence, investment management services.
The Europa Centralna Shopping Centre is a high quality retail scheme located in the south of Gliwice, at the intersection of the A4 and A1 motorways. This highly visible site has unparalleled accessibility and will attract customers from a wide area.
The first phase of the investment includes about 70,000m2 for a retail park and shopping centre comprising over 100 units. There are three distinct component parts: a foodcourt, part dedicated to DIY, household and furniture as well as a fashion section.
Turner & Townsend was appointed as the project manager, cost control, tenant coordination, site supervision inspectors and technical due diligence consultant for the whole investment.
The scope of services provided by Turner & Townsend includes a full suite of investment management services starting from the concept design through the execution and opening.
Making the difference
- We negotiated a unique agreement with National Highways Authority to incorporate the access road into a major motorway intersection
- We also negotiated with a local utility companies to provide the services at the most cost and time effective route. This included negotiating a route across more than 62 individual plots
- Value engineering has brought savings of ten percent
- We developed an accelerated procurement process which saved three months on the overall programme to enable opening on time.