Effective construction site management during and post COVID-19
When the pandemic first hit East Africa in early March, the majority of developers hibernated their projects due to supply chain disruptions and isolation measures put in place by governments across the region. These caused delays on programmes, loss of efficiencies and cost implications.
More recently, with the realisation that the situation is unlikely to change in the short term, clients are taking action now to safeguard against the impact of site closures in the near future.
Together with the Kenya Property Developers Association we hosted a webinar on effective management of construction sites during and post COVID-19 where we explored the perspectives of a developer, contractor, architect and project manager on how to effectively manage construction sites during and post COVID-19.
Associate Director Jack O'Regan hosted the webinar and was joined by:
- Arthur Adeya – Technical Director, Centum Real Estate
- Mutua Mutuku – Managing Director, Symbion Architects
- Jayant Raghwani – Senior Project Manager, Laxmanbhai Construction
- John Mulatya – Associate Director, Turner & Townsend
Listen to discover:
- The challenges and successes experienced while running construction sites during the pandemic
- The actions to take to ensure resumption of productivity levels on construction sites
- How developers are supporting contractors to mitigate the effects of the pandemic
- Which design fundamentals are likely to change due to COVID-19
- Opinions on how the construction industry will react once a vaccine becomes available
- The protocols being followed when positive cases are detected on site
Please visit our COVID-19 response page for all of our resources relating to the impact of COVID-19 on the construction sector.