Slack EMEA HQ, Dublin
Global growth with Slack Technologies
As one of the worlds leading cloud-based companies, Slack Technologies set out to expand their headquarters in Dublin to respond to global growth.
Date started: 2015
Completion date: 2016
Slack Technologies headquartered in San Francisco is a cloud-based team collaboration tool. Due to global growth they required expansion to their EMEA HQ in Dublin, this necessitated a move to a new 29,000 sq/ft office.
- 5m daily active users on Slack
- 29,000 sq/ft of EMEA HQ office for up to 184 staff
Turner & Townsend acted as project managers, cost managers and PSDP consultants on Slack Technologies new EMEA HQ. From the outset we effectively managed the design team, client direct appointments and client relationship. Key programme drivers such as landlord approvals, design development, cost management and delivery were kept to the fore in an open and transparent manner.
Making the difference
- This project benefited from our experience of managing complex fit-out projects while managing stakeholder’s expectations and design team deliverables.
- With tight deadlines from the initial meeting, interim swing space was completed in June 2016 with FDOB completed before the November 2016 deadline.
- Successfully delivered this project in a live office environment following initial swing space completion.
- Managed and coordinated the project using the Slack Platform system as the primary main means of communication and collaboration, a first for everyone involved.
"Turner &Townsend have provided Slack with a highly professional service. The team has continually driven the project through clear communication and organisation. Any challenges have been met with a great enthusiasm and a proactive approach, additionally their flexibility with unforeseeable issues has to be admired."Ciaran Chaney Facilities Manager, Slack