Eastland Shopping Centre
Creating a world class retail experience
Queensland Investment Corporation Global Real Estate (QIC GRE) has undertaken a substantial redevelopment of Eastland Shopping Centre, creating a world class and iconic town centre retail experience.
Completion date: 2016
Eastland, Melbourne is a $665m retail transformation delivering over 50,000m2 of retail, as well as a new library, gallery, offices, restaurant dining precinct and a vibrant world-class town square. The redevelopment integrates with the newly redeveloped Ringwood rail and bus interchange and the existing commercial and retail environment. It provides the community with an unrivalled experience that will lead to the revitalisation of the region and be a gateway to the Yarra Valley.
- $665m retail transformation
- 50,000m2 of retail space
Innovation was at the forefront throughout the project with a focus on:
- facilitating new ways of engaging with the built environment
- facilitating new relationships between retailers and community
- increasing asset value through sustainable community relevance.
Turner & Townsend Thinc was engaged by QIC GRE in 2013 as project managers and as superintendent of the building contract across all components of the project. The team earned an exceptional reputation for delivering QIC’s vision for this asset, working closely with all team members, government and the community in a high performance team environment.
Making the difference
- Revitalising the region: we assisted QIC GRE, the Victorian Government and Maroondah City Council achieve their shared vision of a true town centre for Ringwood.
- Creating new opportunities: we worked closely with QIC to bring this world-class retail development to fruition, which ultimately brought new jobs, opportunities and services to the area.
- Sector knowledge: we were able to bring key learnings from our retail, public sector and major projects experience.
- Delivering a world class retail experience: with QIC GRE we created a collaborative and progressive whole of team environment to deliver a world-class retail offer and one of Melbourne’s most interesting and progressive urban shopping, entertainment and leisure destinations.