Dallas Fort Worth International Airport - passenger experience investment programme
Leveraging our experience on over 140 airport projects around the world
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is several years into an ambitious investment programme that is designed to dramatically improve the passenger experience. DFW is making major enhancements to four terminals and parking facilities.
Completion date: Ongoing
- 65 million passengers per year
- 1850 flights per day
- 4 terminal buildings enhanced
In 2015 DFW needed to understand how well the programme was progressing against original objectives and whether risks to on-time delivery were being appropriately managed. Establishing the right project controls, to deliver the programme in line with published time and budget specifications, was essential to maintaining full stakeholder support.
Through our experience on over 140 airport projects around the world, we provided estimating, cost management and scheduling services, and supported DFW to identify where risk management could be improved with stronger control processes and procedures. Having made recommendations, we were commissioned to implement a number of changes that will help make DFW’s construction projects more efficient.
Making the difference
- Greater predictability: establishing certainty of project outcomes through analysis and recommendations, and providing a clear view of progress and implemented changes.
- Close collaboration: aligning our approach to become an integral part of the DFW team with jointly defined goals to deliver the best results.
- Consistent processes: applying our cost management processes across each element of the programme to give DFW confidence in cost data.