Pledging support to the #iwill campaign in the UK
We are participating in the UK #iwill campaign to empower 10 to twenty year-olds to take part in social action
We are pleased to announce our participation in the UK #iwill national campaign, an initiative which aims to make social action part of life for as many 10 to twenty year-olds as possible by the year 2020.
Today is Share Your Pledge Day, which highlights pledges made by business, education and voluntary-sector campaign partners.
Our business has committed to the following pledges:
- Work together with our charity partners to deliver high quality social action opportunities for disadvantaged young people
- Actively encourage employees to give their time and skills to volunteer with youth social action initiatives by providing easily accessible resources and time to get involved
- Support the Design Engineer Construct curriculum in schools to inspire youth in this applied subject and engage students in sustainable development and community topics
- Promote the importance of social action and demonstrate our commitment through communications
- Recognise the value of youth social action when recruiting apprentices and graduates, and actively encouraging community activity in our apprentice and graduate development programmes
We place a great emphasis on positive action in the areas we work, with a key focus on ensuring we are helping young people to realise their potential. We are working to achieve this through our UK-wide partnership with Action for Children, the Schools Programme, mentoring and by involvement with the Design Engineer Construct programme in two secondary schools.