Shaping a Digital World - The digital thread
Institution of Civil Engineers, London
Turner & Townsend in conjunction with ICE are pleased to be involved in ICE Shaping a Digital World Convention.
The conference programme addresses the big challenges that engineers face every day: low levels of productivity, pressure to work more efficiently, redefining value beyond cost, increasing use of technologies, and guaranteeing infrastructure resilience. Offering delegate’s paths to understand, enable and benefit from digital transformation.
Turner & Townsend will chair the productivity stream led by Tom Deacon, Global Head of Digital. The discussion will highlight how digital transformation can increase the performance of new and existing infrastructure assets throughout the whole lifecycle;
This panel session will explore questions such as:
- How can a TOTEX approach improve productivity and how can data, analytics and digital technology help?
- How can digital technology, data and analytics help in measuring TOTEX?
- How can they improve end user outcomes?
- What are the greatest barriers to productivity improvement and what role does ‘digital’ have in improving construction’s perceived and real productivity issues?
- What can be automated in the construction of infrastructure other than physical labour?
Digital advances are fundamentally changing the way business is done. How we embrace technology and behavioural change will determine our ability to succeed in the future.
Full details of the conference can be found here.
To register visit ICE Shaping a Digital World.