Open Water Seminar by Ofwat: UK water retail market in the construction sector
4pm - 6pm, Turner & Townsend, One New Change, London, EC4M 9AF
We are hosting Ofwat’s Open Water Seminar which will discuss upcoming changes in the UK water retail market and the construction sector.
From 1 April, 1.2 million businesses, charities and public sector customers in England will be able to choose who supplies their water and wastewater retail services – this includes billing, water metering and water efficiency services. Despite the significance of these changes, a survey commissioned by Ofwat recently revealed that organisations in the construction sector were significantly less likely to be aware of the upcoming changes to the water retail market.
The seminar will aim to highlight the key changes on the horizon. Discussions will cover:
- What consumer choice will mean for businesses
- How the new retail water market will work
- What your stakeholders might want to know before and after the market opens
- How you can help, and how Open Water partners can help you
- The support that is available to help you to engage and communicate with your clients about the market opening and the channels you might use.
The seminar will be held by the Open Water programme led by partner organisations, Ofwat, Market Operator Services Ltd (MOSL) and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) set up by the UK Government to open the water retail market.
Please RSVP by Wednesday 22 March 2017 to Davina.firstname.lastname@example.org.