UK and Ireland apprenticeship scheme
If you’re looking for a great place to start a career in our industry, we hire talented self-starters with the motivation to help make the difference on exciting projects and programmes.
As an apprentice at Turner & Townsend, you will have the opportunity to study to degree level whilst gaining work experience and completing our internal development programme. Typically you will work full time four days a week and attend university or college one day per week.
During your five year apprenticeship, you will be provided with a development pathway that is aligned to your academic study, our internal competency frameworks and supporting professional frameworks, including RICS and APM.
The programme is designed to:
- Develop you to become a well-rounded consultant and accelerate your career
- Support your academic study and give you first-hand experience
- Provide a training schedule to support and capture your learning and development needs and achievements
- Be a learning tool document to track and report progress of your capabilities
By the end of the programme, we expect you to be at the same level as a graduate who has completed the graduate development programme.
We currently offer the following apprenticeships:
- Cost and commercial management (Quantity Surveying) Level 6
- Project management Level 6
We expect everyone to complete a level 6 apprenticeship so that all apprentices gain a degree by the end of their development programme. Some candidates, however, may need to start on a level 3 or 4 and progress onto the level 6 if they do not meet the entry requirements set by the training provider.
What we are looking for
The apprentices we recruit are strategic, analytical thinkers who see solutions where others see challenges. They come from diverse backgrounds, a genuine enthusiasm for how the world works, and a love for learning on the job.
Some of the qualities we look for are:
- Commercial thinkers
- Strong communicators
- Committed to making a difference
- Quality driven
- Exceeds expectations
- Team player
- Passion for the construction industry
- Motivation for the scheme you have applied for (Cost Management, Project Management etc)
- You must be 18 years old by the time you are due to start in September 2018
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK
- You must have 5 GCSE’s grades A* - C including Maths and English
- You must have 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above or a level 3 apprenticeship in a related discipline
If you're ready to make that first step towards a career with Turner & Townsend, see the application process below.
Step 1 – Online application
Submit CV and complete online application questions. It is here you will need to preference locations along with your choice of programme.
Step 2 – Video interview
If your online application is successful, you will be asked to complete a video interview.
Step 3 – Assessment centre
If you are successful at video interview you will be invited to a full day assessment centre in one of our UK offices. The day will focus on different competencies along with your motivation for Turner & Townsend and the programme you have applied for. It will involve up to three activities – a group exercise, a presentation and an interview.
Step 4 – On-boarding
If you are made an offer to join one of our programmes, you will need to complete the on-boarding process. At this stage you will be made aware of the team you will be working in, as well as the location.
Hints and tips
- Research the different programmes and the company so you know what you are applying for
- Make sure your contact details are correct and your CV is up to date
- Apply on time and don’t miss deadlines
- Prepare in advance of your interview, look at our projects that we are currently working on
- Act in a professional manner and wear business attire
- Plan your journey make sure you arrive with plenty of time
- Think of questions you might want to ask at interview stage
- Take your time, think about your answers
Remember this process is as much for you as it for us, use this opportunity to find out more about the role and the company so you are confident you have made the right choice.
- Applications open – February 2018
- Applications close – April 2018
- Programme starts – September 2018
Applications open in February.