Deutsches Museum - master plan
The Deutsches Museum is one of the most famous contemporary technical
museums in Europe and one of the most popular museums in Germany. Since its
foundation in 1903, the museum now urgently needs to be renovated.
Turner & Townsend's contribution
For varied measures of renovation a master plan for the coming 15 years
is required, which will serve as a basis for financing for the Federal
Government and the Federal State Bavaria. The costs are estimated to be
400 Mio. €.
Visionary museum concepts will be formed to develop modern and historical topics within an
area as large as 73,000m2 providing space for around 50 exhibition areas.
The master plan with the title “Future Initiative Deutsches Museum” will also include structural measures.
Making the difference
Turner & Townsend will contribute to the creation of a master plan with the following services:
- Moderating workshops, active involvement of the 400 employees to ensure knowledge transfer
- Conceptual architectural design for all buildings
- Design of measures for renovation and refurbishment (including development of constructional and technical solutions)
- Survey of the existing building, organisation and structures
- Integration and coordination of the required planning experts
- Cost planning and time scheduling
- Interim management and logistics planning (managing restrictions for visitors during the construction period)
- Communication and coaching seminaries