Tianjin Innovative Finance Investment Co. - Yujiapu Financial District
The ambition of the Tianjin Innovative Finance Investment Co., LTD (TIFI) is to build up a largest financial district in the world in the near future.
The overall plan of Yujiapu Financial District is designed by international firms SOM, MVA Group, AECOM and NIKKEN SEKKEI Civil Engineering.
The development of the District is split into four phases with total GFA 3,040,000 m2. Phase I is 1,200,000 m2 in 5 years and will be completed in the next 5 years, with building 03-16 being the tallest in this phase.
Two railways, the Intercity Express between Beijing and Tianjin and the local Metro line are to traverse the common underground space respectively.
Turner & Townsend’s contribution
Turner & Townsend, together with a local co-partner, is leading a combined project management team and acting as client representative for the construction development of two towers (03-16 and 03-21) plus one underground space. We are managing the interfaces between the respective statuory supervisions, quantitity surveyors, general contractors and the various subcontractors.
Our roles and responsibilities include:
- project planning and scheduling;
- advise on local authorities approvals and managing & monitoring the consultants perforamnce;
- health annd safety, ecology & enviromental management as well as quality control;
- reporting the project progress;
- quality control and management for construction, monitoring facilities system comissioning.
- to provide cost and contract management services, including in establish and manage budgets;
- advise on payments and cost control; managing cash flow;
- contract and procurement management
Making the difference
The combined project management team is able to bring best practice from both the local and international markets. By implementing processes and procedures to manage the planning, approvals, health & safety, quality and costs related to this project we are assisting the client in constructing towers that meet their requirements, budget and timescale.